Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Balch
PRESCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALING by Phyllis Balch is the nation's #1 bestselling guide to natural remedies. It is a comprehensive source of dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and herbs. A pioneer in the field of nutritional healing, Phyllis Balch passionately and meticulously researched and compiled this groundbreaking book. Now, a generation later, her message has more relevance than ever: consume fresh foods, avoid processed foods and those high in saturated fat, and optimize your intake of essential nutrients with the right supplements.
The new fifth edition is completely revised and updated, incorporating the most recent information on a variety of alternative healing and preventive therapies and unveils new science on vitamins, supplements, and herbs. Additionally, the resource section has been completely revamped for the first time since the first edition.
With an A-to-Z reference to illness, some highlights include:
• New information on preventing and treating cardiovascular disease
• Current guidelines for managing diabetes
• Latest research on menopause and bio-identical hormones
• How omega-3 and exercise may help those suffering from Alzheimer's
• Current information on the latest drug therapies for treating AIDS
• Nutritional information for combating prostate cancer
• Latest research on preventing osteoporosis
• And much, much more
In the years since the first edition was published, the natural health movement has gone mainstream. With more than 800 pages of comprehensive facts about all aspects of alternative way to wellness, Prescription for Nutritional Healing unites the best of age-old remedies, twenty-first-century science, and today's emerging health news.
Paperback: 904 pages